Maca Root Powder
Maca root powder is from a plant that grows on the high plateaus of the Andes Mountains. It has been cultivated as a root vegetable for at least 3000 years. The root is also used to make medicine.
Archaeological evidence suggests that domestication of Maca began about 2000 years ago in what is now Junin, central Peru. It is believed that people indigenous to the area began using Maca themselves after they saw the positive effect that it had on their livestock, in terms of energy and especially fertility.
Maca root may enhance libido in men and women, improve hormonal balance, and reduce menopausal symptoms.
According to a recent study on the benefits of maca and its impact on mood, consuming this root can help “reduce anxiety and symptoms of depression in menopausal women.
Maca is also used in many Chinese TCM mixed with other synergic herbs like ginseng, spirulina, tribulus, Rhodiola, ashwagandha, etc to combat stress, fatigue, nervous weakness, and to improve muscle strength, sexual performance, etc.
Maca root powder is an incredibly rich source of vitamins and minerals. 100 g off maca powder consists of calcium- 250 mg, iron- 14.8 mg, potassium-2000 mg, sodium-7.9 mg, copper-6mg and manganese- 0.8 mg. Much of these minerals are integral part of maca nutrition which plays a role as co-factors for the enzymes in the metabolic functions.
Benefit of maca root powder:
- Assists with hormonal health making it beneficial for the thyroid gland, immune and reproduction systems
- Can be used as an aid for those suffering from menopause, migraines, acne and impotence
- Great source of fatty and amino acids
- Can be used to improve memory and concentration as well as reduce anxiety, depression and stress
- Its anti-aging properties can assist with skin tone and hair growth
- High levels of calcium make it boost the health of your bones and teeth